For several months now I’ve made #thankfulthursday social media posts every week. I usually write them first thing in the morning, and, not being a morning person, I almost always mention coffee or my bed. I’ve decided to start a weekly blog post with a list of at least 5 things I’m thankful for. My lists will likely include several small things (because life is in the details, after all) and a few big things (like love and oxygen). Anyhow, here’s my list for this week:
- My hubby. The first thing he did this morning was tell me how much he loves to embrace me every morning. 🙂
- My kids. They’ve been getting up too early lately, and we seem to have finally convinced them to at least stay in their bedroom until 7. This morning they were giggling together by 6:40, but they stayed in their room. Win!
- My house. Not because I like the house or anything, I actually kind of hate it. But it’s definitely our home. It’s cozy and full of people who genuinely like and love each other.
- My job. Most of my job involves supervising prisoners in the law library, which is kind of like babysitting overgrown toddlers sometimes, but I get to remind them what the rules are and explain why the rules are the way they are. I thrive in an environment with all the rules spelled out, so I really enjoy my job, despite the behavior of some.
- The body’s power to heal and transform. A couple of months ago I could only lower myself an inch in a tricep pushup, and yesterday I was lowering around 5 inches. I also able to hold a plank for much longer than a few months ago.
What things are you thankful for? It does wonders for the way you feel about your life if you start to take note of the things you are grateful for.